Saturday 13 May 2017

Documentary Animation: Week 9 - Painting Still Backgrounds

I painted more backgrounds with big brushes and more water according to the style that I like from the result of last week's experimentation. I made a vignette effect on the backgrounds by leaving space allowance at the edges of the paper. All the backgrounds are made according to the storyboard made by Tom. 

Safety Hill Zoomed out

Safety Hill

Safety Hill Zoomed in

Shore

This one below is a little bit different than the rest because it is a background for a panorama scene when the dingy is spinning into the whirlpool. I did an initial sketch and painted it on 3 watercolour papers. Afterwards, I scanned and edit in Photoshop using the Stamp tool to link them together. The Stamp tool is really helpful to connect the disjointed brush strokes on the edges of the original paintings before they were stitched up together.


Panorama
I'm not so sure about using this one because it looks different than the rest due to the yellow tinge on top of the water. However, if it is used, the yellow tinge might help to signify that the hero is coming to the rescue.
Shore

Station

No comments:

Post a Comment