Saturday 30 April 2016

A Tale in the Stings: Hallmark Brainstorming

The brief has quoted that the tone of voice that the Hallmark Channel reflect is for their audience to cherish their life's special moments. Hence, the ident needs to be heart-warming. Initially, I thought that making a kinetic typography animation with watercolour and pastel colour scheme would be a great idea, like those watercolour typography in greeting cards or some motivational quote on Instagram. However, I think it would not be appropriate because the company specifically look for animators instead of graphic designers to do the job, so the company would prefer something that more animated than just kinetic typography.
 

By keeping this in mind, came up with two possible ideas based on what I would personally associate to the key phrase 'celebrating life special moments'. I consider making an animation by using After Effects because I would like to make a realistic style ident as all the previous idents that Hallmark had were made from realistic imagery or footage. The first idea is to have a silhouette of a boy and his father stargazing, while the Hallmark logo fades in slowly into the screen. Personally, I don't think that this idea is great as there will not be much movement invloved.

I could not get an idea that I am satisfied with by looking at just dramatic moments, so I decided to look it at another perspective. I derived the second idea from the simple things in life that warms my heart, which is having an afternoon tea in a sunny afternoon. I talked to Martin about it, and he told me to go for it and to keep the design simple.  


The animation will take place in a dining table, where a teapot and a teacup is sitting on the table, and someone will pour the tea from the teapot into the teacup. To keep it simple, the assets would be developed from image stocks that I found online.



No comments:

Post a Comment