Saturday 30 April 2016

A Tale in the Stings: Hallmark Production Diary 1

The setting is established in the first scene, when the camera pans from top of the window towards the table, then zooms in to the cup. I did the pan on After Effect by vertically translating the assets, while zooming in is just scaling up the object and positioning the cup to the center of the screen.


Initially, I used the Keylight (1.2) effect to omit the green part of my pixilation. However, I find an easier way to get rid of the parts that I don't want from the pixilation by animating the path of the mask in After Effect. I made the mask by drawing a path using Pen tool as the pixilation footage layer is selected. Animating the mask make use of the keyframe animation in After Effect by changing the position of each anchor point, so that its shape would change accordingly.

Scene 2
As I finished making Scene 2, I realised that I forgot to add the slowmotion water drop footage. So, I rendered out the entire Scene 2, and trim them in Premier Pro, so that I got Scene 2a and Scene 2b. Scene 2a will end when the water has dropped, while Scene 2b will start afterwards with the Hallmark logo surfaces from the tea.I also use mask on the water droplet to include it in the scene.

Scene 2a


No comments:

Post a Comment