Saturday 30 April 2016

A Tale in the Stings: Hallmark Settings

These are backgrounds for my Hallmark idents developed with Photoshop from stock images that I found online. 

I used Photoshop to combine an image of clouds and a garden to create the view outside the window. The gradient tool, with a little bit of feathering, flawlessly blends the edges of the two images that meets.


A view from inside the dining room, where the sunlight shines directly at it. I don't think that this scene is real enough, although I have been making attempt to create shades and put textures. I think the issue is because there is no light rays on the edges of the window. Unfortunately, I don't know how to add lights to an object in Photoshop, so I decided to keep it as it is. I created shades by making a silhouette of the plants, distorting it, and put the Gaussian Blur effect on it to feather out its edges. Whereas, I played around with the opacity of textures and adding gradients in some parts of the set to make it look as realistic as possible. 


The second scene that takes place in the dining table. The shot is zoomed in so that it can focuses on the animation of the tea being poured into the teacup. I removed most of the white background of the teapot and the teacup images with the Magic Wand tool, and did the cleaning up with the Polygonal Lasso tool to ensure that there will be no jagged edges present on the objects.




No comments:

Post a Comment