Thursday 16 February 2017

Responsive: Loopdeloop Chicken - Initial Idea

For the third brief, I am unsure what to choose between 'Do It In 20' or Loopdeloop challenge. After several days weighing their pros and cons I decided that it is better for me to do loopdeloop because of the time constraint and all the big commitments that I have for other modules. 

The theme for this month's loopdeloop is Chicken, and the first idea that jumped into my mind when I thought about it was an animation of zooming into chicken's butt. I was planning to animate it according to the rhythm of a funny track that I found on freesound.org titled 'Down by the Cool of the Pool'. Combining the track with my idea of chicken animation is quite random, but I think it suits as a loopdeloop submission since it is quite a loosely-set brief.

I drew up some derpy chicken character as my chicken butt design, trying to twist chicken heads and also experimenting with different eye shapes. Well, I called it experiment, but I think there is nothing significant of a change. 
Initial Idea doodles
I tried out another approach on Photoshop by painting over a reference image of a chicken head from Google. I quite like the style, and it seems more derpy than all the chicken I have drawn so far. I might use this for my final design.

I have added a patterned background that I can animate to the beat of the track while zooming into the butthole, but I think I am overcomplicating things, which defeats the initial plan to make a snappy animation that does not require much time for me to get it done. I do not think I am hyped up to do an animation based on this idea anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment