Sunday 8 November 2015

Apply: Idea Development


I decided to explore the theme 'Surprise' for this brief, and I did a small mind map on the theme. I am not using any ideas from the mind map in the end. Instead I came up with a sequence of actions to summarise what I want to put in my animation, which I think is more effective than the vague mind map I came up with.



At first, I have an interest to make an animation about 'hate', and I came up with the first idea titled Race. However, the story for Race is too complex for a 5 to 10 seconds animation so I decided to think of developing simpler ideas instead from a list of actions.



This is the character I designed for this animation. I made a simple yellow human-like creature because I do not want to complicate the animation process by having too much details on my character. I think having a simple character allows me to focus on getting the basic principles of animation right in this project.





No comments:

Post a Comment