Monday 16 November 2015

HE Phorography Resource Induction 1


Our assignment today is to go around town, and I went to the German Christmas Market in the Millenium Square with Tom, and took several pictures there to apply what I have learnt during the induction. Along the way, I met a friendly shopkeeper from the honey stall who offers me to take a picture of his non-price-tagged honey wax deer sculpture although I did not get anything from the shop. It is a mouthwatering journey indeed, but thankfully, I managed to hold my desire to grab some food in the market.

Merry-Go-Round

Honey Wax Deer

Sweets

The Electric Press

What I have learnt


1. Exposure


I made some mistakes along the way and some of my pictures mainly because of not changing the settings as I took them. I think this issue persists because I did not check how they turn out after I took them. This causes some of my pictures are over-exposed.

Over-exposed picture 1
Over-exposed picture 2

Over-exposed picture 3

After realising this issue, I tried to adjust the setting of my camera so that my pictures have the correct exposure. Although I still think that some of them are still bright, I think they are the most correctly exposed pictures that I have taken for this assignment.






2. Depth of Field

These two pictures below shows the variations of depth of field. Difference in depth of field gives different effects to the subject of the pictures. In the first picture, the depth of field is shallow which gives more focus on the subjects as it isolates the subject from the background. On the other hand, the latter picture has greater depth of fields which focuses less on the subject although the contrast between the foreground and background still helps the eyes to focus on the subject.

Shallow depth of field
Greater depth of field





No comments:

Post a Comment