Tuesday 14 March 2017

Documentary Animation: Week 6 - Preparing for Pitch Presentation

We will be preparing for the crit this week, in which I need to finish up the hero character design and do a watercolour background for Rosie's media test. Meanwhile, Tom will be finishing up the animatic.

Here is the finalised piece of my hero design. I decided to work outside the colour palette by introducing the colour blue. It does not come randomly since we will be using blue every now and then in our animation. However, I do like the colour blue of the hero because it makes him stood out from the rest of the characters. For instance, having a blue tinge here and there on the hero contrast him from the rest of the characters who are designed with warm colours. It signifies how he is an outsider to the rest of the people who Noelline are familliar with. Meanwhile, the yellow coat enables the viewer to see a special connection between Noelline and the hero who helped her and her family when their house was flooded.



Background I did for Rosie's Noelline line test. It supposed to be a moving background, but we do not have time to put them into Photoshop to make them move before the crit. The design was not planned out nicely either, so I might not use this for the future. I still have to give more thought onto the background because I still put in too much details onto it. I will have to do more experiments until I found the most convenient way to paint it.



Other character concept art for Noelline's Mum, baby and station master that I decided to do because I think I do not put much time into designing them. I have not finalised their colours just yet when I was designing them, so these concept arts will help me set my mind into the colours that I want to use for these characters.




No comments:

Post a Comment