Thursday 2 March 2017

Responsive: Penguin Random House Non-Fiction Award Submission

After a few months of procrastinating, I finally got back to finish up my In Cold Blood book cover because deadline is next week. When I look at the design, it looks a bit empty at the back, so I decided to give it more textures. I used the texture tests that I did few months back for the house and edit them on Photoshop to fit it into the design. The textures are quite bold when juxtaposed with white background. I tried making it just black and white, not yellowish, but I ended up liking the yellowish bit on the top left more. It was a happy accident that comes with the scanning A3 paper which I tried to recreate with an A4 sketchbook, and it doesn't work. I did ask some other guys in the class and my collaborative practice group mates for the yellow bit on the top left, because I did doubt whether should I use it or not. They do encouraged me to keep it as it is, and so I did. Another responsive brief down! :D
Front Cover

Front, back and spine

No comments:

Post a Comment