Thursday 23 March 2017

Responsive: Loopdeloop Chicken - Storyboard and Outcome

Storyboard


I storyboarded my idea, but it seems that having the truck in my animation is going overcomplicate the production process. And it will defeat a simple style that I was aiming for, so I decided to omit the truck scene in the storyboard.


Final Outcome


In the end, I only went to animate my chicken who is cramped up in a box and was about to die. It took me 2 days to animate this, but I really enjoy the process of making it. As compared to my ballerina frog which production I dreaded so much, animating the chicken gives me the opposite effect because I did not take too much time to brainstorm as I only thought about it on the side while doing other animation. At times I like to do something more spontaneous and not forced by the research that I have done is more therapeutic. Moreover, I found that using different ways of mark-making also helps to make the task of animating less daunting. These are the two points that I will take note of when animating because it improves my workflow and get more creative with things.

A good consideration from Collaborative Practice that I applied a lot is to keep in mind that sounds make a significant difference to an animation. An animation can tell a lot more stories if you choose the sound effectively. For instance, I applied buzzing sound of a lorry and the voice of the chicken in the animated outcome instead of animating the establishing scene of the truck and chicken label on it. It might be more fulfilling to get the visuals right, but sometimes sound can simplify and reduce the workload and still get the message across.




Free Range Chicken from Brenda Christie Muliawan on Vimeo.


Proof of Submission

No comments:

Post a Comment