Sunday 25 October 2015

Good Storyboards 4: The Scarecrow Animatics

A few weeks ago, I saw the animation The Scarecrow by Moonbot Studio commissioned for Chipotle Mexican Grill in which the scarecrow saw a disheartening sight of food being mass produced with artificial ingredients, and he thinks that it is bad, and he decided to open up his own restaurant next to a huge fast food chain restaurant and use natural ingredients to cook the menu. This film made a great impact on me, and I decided to do some research on its pre-production process. It turns out that the animatics is made in digital medium with some 3D animations. I have never seen people use this method to produce an animatics so I decided to share it.

The animatics involves basic 3 dimensional shapes which constructs the structure of more complex objects, and it also shows the animated movements of characters. I think, this type of storyboard might take a lot of time to make but it clearly tells us the personality of the characters through their movements.


No comments:

Post a Comment