Friday 12 February 2016

A Tale in the Stings: Food for Thought on E4

I watched some of E4's idents on The Ident Gallery to find out more about the company standard for the idents that is screened on TV. Most of them are 3D CGI Animation, but they also have some made with 2D digital medium and stop-motion. Purple is the dominant colour in most of the idents in accordance to the company logo. 




E4 also encourages artists' contribution to the channel by making open submissions for E Stings which will be screened in the channel if they really like it. I observed more design variations in the stings as compared to the idents. I reckon that E4 might be a flexible client,  so I have more freedom in choosing the medium for this project. Furthermore, having popular culture as an overarching theme for the channel, I think it will be great if I can come up with a wacky ident for them. I'm thinking around strange looking characters, obscure places or perhaps clubs to put in my animation.




If I couldn't come up with a joke that is wacky enough, another alternative twill be making an animated response based on a song by interpreting either the melodies or song lyrics, which I have not looked upon that much, but I can imagine that if I do it right, the end product will be awesome.

For the jokes, I think looking at memes and social irony is a great way to start since usually jokes nowadays are referenced to that sort of stuffs.




Also, I'm going to find a way to get access to a TV so that I can watch E4. Therefore, I can have clearer understanding of the tone of the channel from the content that is screened.







No comments:

Post a Comment