Tuesday 9 February 2016

Environmental Storytelling: Kirkstall Abbey

I went out to sketch at Kirkstall Abbey with some friends today. I have never been there before, and I think it is a somewhat perfect sunny day to go sightseeing at the countryside part of Leeds. We walked under the sunlight while exploring the ruins and green scenery across the abbey. As it was drizzling outside, I decided not to use medium that is not waterproof, so I ended up using pencil and graphite for today's sketches. Also, because of that, some of the drawings are stained by mud and rainwater. I challenged myself to keep my drawing simple, and just keeping the basic forms this time.

I find drawn exterior harder compared to drawing interior because I can't sit down and draw. So, I decided to draw faster, and produces more scruffy sketches instead of detailed drawings.

Started off with a really detailed sketch as a warm up


 I screwed up the perspective for this sketch


Fixed the previous sketch


Experimented observational drawing from a different perspective.
I can barely move my hands while sketching this one, and I can't produce good strokes.




No comments:

Post a Comment