Tuesday 23 February 2016

Sketchbook: Places

I challenged myself to do observational drawings of my surroundings when the sketchbook brief was given because I want to improve on my environmental drawing. It has really benefited me as it has changed how I look at things. For instance, I started to pay attention to the change of perspectives when I walk pass through it, and I've understood perspective better. I found that I learn faster when I observe my surroundings instead of just learning things from reading books, although I still refer to books to clarify my doubts or for further research on some interesting findings. 

These are the landscape drawings that I made arranged sequentially from the oldest to the newest. Most of them were initially quick sketches that I've done in less than 5 minutes developed into a more detailed drawings afterwards by adding some cross-hatchings and or colours.

Drawn as Viewed from the Dining Table in My Flat

Kensington Palace at Hyde Park, London

Quick Sketch while Waiting for the Bus

LS6 Cafe. Vibrant colours made it looks like a Chinese Restaurant

Some Famous Landmarks at Lincolnshire

Watercolour Practice: Middleton Woods from a Picture Reference

No comments:

Post a Comment