Friday 11 March 2016

Character Design: The Triplets of Belleville

For my Captain Character brief, I decided to draw an old lady character, so I decided to do a research for a reference because I'm not familiar with their droopy features. And, I found the Triplets of Belleville, which is a French animation about Tour de France, in which there are two types of characters; either stick-thin characters or rounded characters. I really like the character design in the animation because the fat people looks really smug just like the character that I'm working on. 


One of the characters that helps me understand the droopy facial features of old people. It is as if the skin is being stretched for a long time, and therefore, the face becomes really saggy. From the design of this character I learnt that there are some 'weight' on the skin so that they sags down.

No comments:

Post a Comment