Thursday 17 March 2016

Visual Language Evaluation

We were given different study tasks in this brief for us to get an exposure to the different production processes in the animation industry other than animating, such as character designing, illustrating backgrounds. We are also given the opportunity to do life drawing, in which we grouped together in a group and take turns to pose. I really enjoyed the Visual Language brief because it is segmented into smaller different briefs as compared to the normal big animation briefs. Having a variation of work gives me motivation to keep on doing the task gradually, so that I can move on to do a new task. From this module, I have learnt that I enjoy working on variations of small briefs more than doing a huge chunk of brief. This would be a food for thought when planning my schedule for the new briefs, so that I can properly manage my time, and not get overwhelmed by work near the submission date. I did a lot of first hand experimentation on different drawing media for the Environmental Storytelling briefs, like coffee and ink, paper cutouts, and landscape watercolour painting. I decided to try some of these medium  because I got inspired by some of my classmates' work. I am really glad that most of them out well, although it takes a lot of time and effort to get them done. By the end of the module, I observed a growing interest towards the experimental side of animation because I like the idea of pursuing an uncertain outcome.

Overall, I feel satisfied with my submissions for this module. However, there are some things that could have been better such as the research quality of my blogpost, because sometimes I could not be bothered to do these research blogpost that I left it to the end. As a result, I do not get to substantiate my blogpost with critically analysed content, and they tend to be a long list of factual things that I have found on the Internet an books that I read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment