Thursday 3 March 2016

E4 Ident Ideas

First Idea: Gymnast Sweet Potato


In a talent show, the jury welcomes a sweet potato onto the stage. Crowd murmurs, the sweet potato becomes nervous, and without any hesitation the sweet potato took out a giant peeler from its back. It starts to twirl and peel itself. Camera zooms out, and the peeled skin laid on the floor outlining the shape of E4 logo, and the crowd cheers for 'E4'.


The first idea that I came up with is rather an experimental joke that I came up in my mind, and I'm afraid that it'll not work well on the audience. To avoid making lame jokes, as such mistakes can be fatal especially if it is going to be screened on TV. So, I decided to start afresh by drawing mind map while keeping in mind that I'd like to involve more actions in the animation. 

The first thing that I did when I made the mind map is to think of big keywords on the theme 'popular culture' such as 'media', ' music', 'urban', 'fashion', 'satire' and 'random'. After that, I branched out some words from them, and I circled the words that I like with a red marker. This systematic approach helps me to get to the second idea. 

Second Idea: Disco Robot and Zombies

Action packed scene of a robot disco dancing to electronic music while shooting zombies with laser gun. The laser gun will shoot out the E4 Logo. A zombie will appear in front of the screen, and it'll get shot in the head. Its head will burst, and there will be purple blood splatter with an E4 logo on the screen.




No comments:

Post a Comment