Sunday 3 January 2016

Set,Series and Sequences: Definition of Helmet

After exploring the evolution of american football helmet, I think that it is worthwhile to create some set of images which depicts the word 'helmet'. 

I made a collage of the side view of a helmet to show my perception of helmets. They are mostly seen from their sides and the glass part of it reflects what is ahead of someone who wears it. The paper cut-outs is an appropriate medium because it helps me define the shape of a helmet without using any outlines.



After a further research, I discovered that there are also helmet plant which are lethally poisonous. The shape of its flowers resembles the shape of knight's helmet. The medium that I use is 2B pencil on watercolour paper. Using pencil on the watercolour paper creates textures on the drawing, and it makes the stems of the plants look realistic.  



No comments:

Post a Comment