Monday 11 January 2016

The Other Side: Corrupted Photoshop File

I was about to finish animating this scene when I decided to save the animation which might be why it is corrupted. I tried to solve this problem, but it seems that nothing worked out and I have to re-do the animation from the beginning. One lesson that I learnt from this unfortunate incident is that it is a good practice to save multiple versions of file on many different places so that when one is corrupted, I don't have to painfully re-do it all over again. 



This also reminds me of the incident that occurred during the production of Toy Story 2 where someone accidentally messed up the animation file, which deleted nearly two-thirds of the whole animation. Luckily the production was saved as someone backed up the files in a personal computer. Despite al the benefits of animating digitally, the files of digital animation is highly vulnerable as it can be easily deleted, and when it is deleted there will be nothing left.

Article: How One Line of Text Nearly Killed Toy Story 2

No comments:

Post a Comment