Thursday 14 January 2016

The Other Side: Applied Texture

 I choose a shot which displays the full body of both characters in my animation and by drawing the loop texture on a separate layer, which I did in black colour. 100% opacity did not worked well, there is an overlap between colour of the texture and the colour of the outline which makes it pretty jarring to look at. So, I decided to resolve this by playing around with the opacity so that there is a distinction between the texture and the outline of the characters.

At 70% opacity, the texture works better, but I am still not satisfied with it as the form of the characters are not as defined as I wanted it to be.

Opacity 70%
I decided to decrease the opacity to 54%, in which I achieved the effect that I wanted. The texture is still visible, but its colour does not clashes with the colour of the outline.

Opacity 54%

No comments:

Post a Comment